- Volunteer Opportunities
Employment Opportunities (1)
Position Title: Security Officer, part-time, Support Services Department
Date posted: October 12, 2015
Description: Our Library is busy! And we are looking for someone to help protect the people, property, and equipment at the library. Apply for this job if you are energetic – love working with all kinds of people—and if you want a job where every day is a challenge, full of variety! On-the-job training will be provided.
- Make periodic patrols of the building and parking areas, writing incident reports for interactions as necessary
- Use non-violent crisis intervention techniques to diplomatically confront people using disruptive, offensive, or inappropriate behavior
- Respond to, investigate, and report any safety hazard or emergency
- Positive attitude and experience in delivering outstanding customer service
Skills: friendly, personable, mentally alert, emotionally stable, and physically fit in order to cope with emergencies as well as daily duties. Must have basic reading skills and basic computer knowledge.
Hours: 19 hours per week. Hours may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends. The hours of this position can be flexible and will change as departmental needs change.
Required Qualifications: Position requires a High School diploma. Some college preferred. Security or law enforcement background preferred. Must be at least 21 years old, pass a background examination, and have a clear criminal conviction record. Successful applicant needs to be in good health and have good personal habits such as neatness and dependability. Should be trained in first aid, CPR, and AED, or willing to complete training upon hire. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse population.
Education: Position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Salary: $12.26 per hour
Closing: October 25, 2015
To apply: Fill out the job application, and send with a resume to:
Gayle Tucker, HR Manager
Bloomington Public Library
PO Box 3308
Bloomington, IL 61702-3308
Bloomington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volunteer Opportunities (1)
Open Volunteer Position
Position Title: Volunteer
Department: Book Shoppe
Your public library needs you!! Business is great and we want to make you a partner in the excitement. We are looking for detail-oriented, friendly individuals to volunteer in our used Book Shoppe. If you want retail experience, you can help price and re-stock our shelves once or twice a week; if you want a little more physical activity, we need help sorting and collecting books on our monthly Saturday Donation Days. If you love action and people, we have a "job" for you!
- Accuracy is the key to successfully completing the responsibilities of this opportunity—great attention to detail is necessary for performing these duties accurately
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, learn assigned tasks, and adhere to prescribed routines
- Ability to provide friendly, quality service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to clearly communicate in the English language
- Have access to and user knowledge of an active email account
- Ability to transport books and other materials
- Ability to bend, kneel, stretch, lift, and push up to 50 pounds
If you are ready to help out, email